Born on a blue day.

Sunday 20 July 2014








{Dress - Three Floor; Shoes - Guiseppe Zanotti}

If you have followed my humble blog for some time, you: (a) are a wonderful human being (and thank you! you're absolutely too lovely!) (b) probably have noticed my propensity for wearing white (for which I have made the executive decision to abstain referencing all relevant posts as that would be circuitous and boring haha).  In recognition of the latter, I have imposed a sartorial mission upon myself to embrace other areas of the colour spectrum whilst remaining faithful to my minimalistic aesthetic of colour blocking and focusing on the finer details instead (lace, frills, mesh inserts…). 

And as always, I find my wardrobe choices somewhat analogous to how I like to live my life - simplistic with a penchant for the lovely details that add colour to our existence. :) 

If you too are a slave to a particular style rut (or lifestyle rut!), perhaps this post may inspire you to extend your continuum of life choices!

Much love, Mandy. xx

Photos by the always amazing Love Yaz

16 comments:

  1. super look ;-))

    kisses!

    i invite to me too
    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!
    xx
    www.myrunwayfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lace detail! Such a stunning cobalt blue too :)

    I'm definitely in a style rut at the moment, but to be expected with looking after baby!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue looks stunning on you! Such a beautiful dress.
    I do love your trademark white though!
    x Kirsty
    http;//geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cantik :) I love that tone of blue on you - and what a beautiful shape it has! The peplum accent is really beautiful and that frill bottom? My oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Three Floor dress look stunning on you! The shape suits you so nicely <3
    Also I'm totally jealous of those Guiseppe shoes

    www.primpedandprimed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a knack for looking fresh and stylish in your white outfit choices. This blue is no exception...really adoring the lace details in this piece.

    House of Illusions

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg!! yes!!!! this dress!!! the color blue!!! i am in love with you, hahaha! :) Cant wait to see you wear more colours! :)

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhh such a great color and pretty dress...hahah and there is nothing wrong with wearing white...white is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Une beauté! Hello there doctora! It's been a while:-) I hope you can still remember me:) --Reez/Riza from the Philippines! How are you doin'? Hope all is well with you. I just want to take some time out of my day for you! As usual, your blog (and style) got me head over heels. Always lookin' good and upon backtracking your posts, I really enjoy every bits and pieces. I really appreciate the blue hue on a lovely sunshine. Hope all is well with you, Mandy.

    Reez

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the neck detail - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand how it is to try to get out of a style rut, and how intimidating... There's a reason why we embrace a certain style! This said, I love this shade of blue on you, and the place looks like heaven!
    Love,
    www.sonushka.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress is so unique and pretty! Great post
    -Jenna <3
    Follow for a follow? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  14. This color looks great on you! Beautiful dress

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the blue dress,and it is very fashionable and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Send me a love note or tell me something frivolous!

I read and cherish each and every one of your messages so thank you for taking the time to read my blog and write some pretty words. <3