Red velvet.

Friday 24 February 2012

I made these on Valentine's day with the intention of posting them on the same day but, as usual, technology superseded me so please accept my sincerest apology for the untimely nature of this post! 
I am absolutely convinced that this recipe is truly idiot-proof. When I reached the end of the recipe, I realised that I had initially administered baking soda (instead of baking powder) and since my pantry was devoid of any baking powder, I had to improvise (just so you know, you can easily concoct baking powder with 2:1 cream of tartare and baking soda). By this time, I conceded to the fact that my erroneous ways would have led to an utter baking catastrophe but to my surprise, they turned out exactly as I wanted them! 
Other than that, this recipe is so beautifully moist and the cream cheese frosting is such a delight on the palate. Best of all, you don't need to wait for the next Valentine's day to roll around ... this is most definitely a cake for all occasions. :) 
                                                                Love, Mandy. xx






5 comments:

  1. Wow looks sooooooo good!!! I feel like baking now :o)

    FYI no need to rush re HK! Take your time hun and thank you again!
    xoxo
    daringcoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy! Now i'm craving sweets!
    -TA

    www.laptopsandlipgloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy!!
    http://viva-la--jenny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm saving this to my Pinterest !! Yum :> And lovely photos too..

    Thanks so much for the comment,
    there can never be too much accessories ;)

    Have a lovely weekend sweetheart,

    Satu
    - Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete

Send me a love note or tell me something frivolous!

I read and cherish each and every one of your messages so thank you for taking the time to read my blog and write some pretty words. <3