1. Bikini - Zimmermann : I tend to gravitate to more demure, effeminate bikini styles that can transition into the evening when worn with a billowing maxi skirt or Palazzo pants.
2. Tan & silver sandals - Pour La Victoire : my fundamental shoe maxim when on vacation is versatility and I don't think these will be incongruous to any outfit I own.
3. Powder puff volumising powder - Kevin Murphy : I'm not very fastidious with my hair (I don't even possess a hair brush haha) but I do keep this volumising powder in my beauty arsenal for that summer nonchalance.
4. Soho wide leg pants - Rachel Rachel : these pants are so beautifully constructed with their flowy contour and high split. Perfect for throwing over a maillot for a seamless segue into cocktail hour.
5. Number One sunglasses - Karen Walker : the feline/wayfarer hybrid is such a flattering contour, this is the sunglasses equivalent of The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants.
6. Classic tank - Kain : how delectable is this shade of nude/stone? I would wear these on the plane and, well, everywhere else really.
7. Tinted daywear - Invisible Zinc : living in Australia, my skin is incessantly assaulted by UV rays and I literally don't leave the house without a liberal slathering of Invisible Zinc.
To celebrate the end of my med school days, I have an incipient sojourn to Thailand where I'm hoping to indulge in beachside massages, lychee daiquiris, and general indolence. These are the summer fundamentals that I intend to bring along with me!
Are any of you going on a summer vacation? I would love to know what your obligatory beach items are!
Love, Mandy. xx