chic eats : the butcher's daughter, NYC.

Wednesday 22 May 2013


Inspiring food is difficult to come by. Inspiring raw, organic food is an insurmountable accomplishment. The Butcher's Daughter achieves exactly that - an experience that is delightful to the palate in a milieu that is as light and beautiful as its menu. A juice bar/cafe hybrid in the hip Nolita, it delivers the loveliest cold pressed juice melanges and smoothies (my favourite was 'cacao suave' - a divine concoction of raw cacao, cacao nibs, bananas, and almond milk) as well as dairy-free alternatives to their coffee selection (delicious cashew/almond milk). 

But moreover, it is their menu that stands out with a clear ethos that embraces gloriously fresh produce and salubrious ingredients - I had the quinoa salad and avocado toast, which were not only exquisitely presented but wholly droolworthy. There are few raw foods that induce cravings for me but the food here is so transcendent, so exquisitely executed, that I think about it almost every day now that I am back in the raw food void that is Australia. The crowd that linger here are also hip, but not in a pretentious way, and the place is warm with communal tables and effused light, which makes the experience all the more enticing. 

There is truly no more resplendent way to detox! 

Much love, Mandy. xx

19 Kenmare St
NYC 10012
Ph: 212-219-3434


8 comments:

  1. Oh, would love to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm just your pictures make me want to check out the place :)

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots, Mandy! I actually LOVE raw and organic foods, I'm so glad you reviewed this place. It's now definitely on my list to check out =) Hope you're doing well!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks great!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like my kind of place! Delicious food that's well-presented in lovely surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quinoa salad looks absolutely yummy! I can really live on that, gladly!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES (a fashion and life-style blog)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I have heard of this place before but not have had a chance to check it out. Thanks for reminding me!

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  8. This place sounds incredible!! Definitely right up my alley x

    www.alishayi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Send me a love note or tell me something frivolous!

I read and cherish each and every one of your messages so thank you for taking the time to read my blog and write some pretty words. <3