Deauville photo diary.

Sunday 30 September 2012





When one of the travel agents in Paris (a laconic man whose English was neatly clipped with typical Parisian overtones) advised me to elope to Deauville for a seaside getaway, I was envisioning a small fishing village with quaintly dilapidated cottages by the sea completely dissociated from civilisation. Thus, you can only imagine my surprise when I arrived in this incredibly beautiful enclave of crisp seaside air, expansive beaches dotted with colourful umbrellas, and grandiose mansions by the shore. The moment my heart skipped a beat? When I stumbled upon Louis Vuitton on a casual morning stroll peeking through the perfectly manicured pathways. 

Perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised - I later found out that this is after all the place that F. Scott Fitzgerald mentions as Tom Buchanan and Daisy's honeymoon spot in 'The Great Gatsby' ... 

Where is the prettiest place you've ever visited? I would love to know! 

Much love, Mandy. xx

13 comments:

  1. Wow, Deauville is absolutely stunning Mandy! Love your outfit too =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just there this summer, but you make it look so much more beautiful through your photos! I love the one of the umbrellas on the beach - such a gorgeous contrast with the darkening sky.

    & Veggies have never looked so good. Whoa. Make me a salad pronto.

    Love this photo diary - great job. You look epically pretty, as usual.

    -Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take such gorgeous photos. I like your outfit too. It is so easy breezy.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so beautiful! No wonder Louis Vuitton named one of their bags after this place. The prettiest place I've been? Too many... Right now I'm in Venice which is very special, so that would be my prettiest in this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome ; ))

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    new new!! :)))


    ReplyDelete
  6. Deauville is the quaintest place! I would have to say the prettiest place I've been is Bora Bora in French Polynesia--stayed in a little bungalow with a thatched roof right on the white sand beach with the most colorful tropical fish that would nibble at your feet!! Hotel Bora Bora was fabulous!!

    Love,
    -Lauren
    adorn la femme
    http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are so beautiful and make me really happy! I love seeing places like this, they make me dream of one day going there, thank you so much for sharing them :)

    Pop by and visit my blog Taken By Surprise! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fantastic, and I love your blog! visit your sweet post and do comment my post , would be great to follow each other :) xx

    marcchanelette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful town! Love your shorts and the flowers you're carrying too :)

    The photo of the umbrellas on the beach is stunning.

    AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! Love the door shot! Cute look!

    xx
    giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mandy these photos have taken my breath away! Deauville is now officially on my bucketlist! it's just so beautiful and such a quaint little town, wish I could go there right now!

    Wishing you a fabulous week my lovely friend!
    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Outfit. The top is very cute and love the bow on the shorts. Also amazing pictures. Looks like you had a great time.
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Send me a love note or tell me something frivolous!

I read and cherish each and every one of your messages so thank you for taking the time to read my blog and write some pretty words. <3