Avocado and coconut ice cream.

Tuesday 2 October 2012

On my recent sojourn to East Timor, I had an exquisite drink called es alpukat - essentially an Indonesian avocado milkshake with just a drizzle of chocolate syrup topped with ice cream. It is absolutely indulgent and yes, there are still remnants of it on my hips (but it was utterly worth it). Since I am not in possession of an ice cream maker, this recipe didn't turn out quite as lusciously creamy as I would have liked - for future reference, I think I will pour them into ice block containers for a refreshingly delectable summer treat!
Ingredients - avocado & coconut ice cream
2 avocados
1/2 cup sugar 
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup of coconut cream
A squeeze of lemon
Process all the ingredients in a blender until ridiculously smooth. Pour into a container and leave in the freezer overnight.  Scoop generously into a large bowl ... and thank me later. 
                                                                 Much love, Mandy. xx










8 comments:

  1. yum, that looks so delicious! I like avocados and I also like coconut so I guess it's the right thing for me :P but I'm not so sure if Estonian shops sell coconut cream.. must check out though!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks delicious! we have an avocado tree and so i'm always looking for things to do with them!

    [oomph.]
    Win a Complete Rejuvenation System

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really good! And so healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum it sounds so nice! Haven't ever tried avacado and coconut together before - I really should!

    AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be curious to know what it tastes like. Until I never thought of avocado as an ice cream flavour but why not?

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seriously loving this already... NO ICE CREAM MAKER REQUIRED, HUZZAH! and it looks so rich and creamy too! I've had avocado shakes from little Vietnamese cafes but never in icecream, definitely giving this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really amazing and oh so simple - if only I wasn't so grossed out by avocados... sigh...

    ;o)
    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so delicious! I've only eaten avocado couple of times, in salad that I've prepared.. have to remember this next time shopping avocados!

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete

Send me a love note or tell me something frivolous!

I read and cherish each and every one of your messages so thank you for taking the time to read my blog and write some pretty words. <3